5 Sarovar Gurdwaras Tour Package 1 Night / 2 Days
Golden Temple, Gurdwara Santokhsar Sarovar, Gurdwara Ramsar Sarovar, Gurdwar Kaulsar Sarovar, Gurdwara Bibeksar Sarovar
Day 01: Amritsar
Arrive at Amritsar Railway Station/Airport. On arrival meet and greet by our representative who will take you to the hotel. After that proceed for full day 05 Sarovar Dashan, These Sarovars are practice of some Sikhs to have a dip in all five of these holy pools.Start your city tour with the blessings of Sri Harmandir Sahib, is named after Hari (God) the temple of God, also known as the Golden Temple in Amritsar is the holiest shrine of the Sikh religion. It was built by the fifth Sikh guru, Guru Arjan, in the 16th Century. In 1604, Guru Arjan completed the Adi Granth, the holy scripture of Sikhism. There are four doors to get into the Harmandir Sahib, which symbolize the openness of the Sikhs towards all people and religions. The Gurdwara is surrounded by a large lake or holy tank, known as the Sarovar, which consists of Amrit (holy water). Sri Harmandir Sahib is the heritage of the Sikh people gathered in their five hundred years old history.
After that visit to Gurdwara Santokhsar Sarovar: Gurdwara Santokhsar Sahib is an historical sikh shrine, situated at distance of 700 Meters from Harimandir Sahib. This is one of the five historical sarovers constructed by Guru Arjun Dev.
When Guru Ram Das, had not yet ascended to the gaddi, he came here to find out a place for excavation of the holy tank on instructions from Guru Amar Das. When Guru Ram Das was getting the place dug, he found a Yogi, meditating.
After sometime the Yogi opened his eyes and told Guru Ram Das that he had been meditating here for a long time, waiting for a Guru to give him salvation. He disclosed his name as Santokha and then breathed his last. The tank was then named as Santokhsar.
Guru Arjan Dev ji completed the unfinished work of excavation of tanks - Santokhsar and Amritsar. Baba Buddha was appointed to supervise the work of construction. Santokhsar was completed in 1587-89.
Then visit to Gurdwara Ramsar Sarovar :Gurudwara Ramsar stands on the bank of the Ramsar sarovar, near Chativind Gate. The Ramsar Gurdwara is situated the smallest of the five Sarovars in holy city of Amritsar called Ramsar sarovar. It was built in 1855 at the site of the original shrine, where long before the present Gurdwara was constructed, Guru Arjun Dev the fifth Sikh Guru who was looking for a quiet spot away from the growing city of Amritsar. It was at this place where Guru Arjan Dev , the fifth Sikh Guru spent over a year (1603-04) to complete the holy Granth (Guru Granth Sahib) of Sikhs which covers over1430 pages.
Then visit to Gurdwara Kaulsar Sarovar :Gurudwara Shri Mata Kaulsar Sahib is situated in the Amritsar city. This Gurudwara Sahib is situated on the back side of Gurudwara Shri Harimandir Sahib and on the west of Gurudwara Baba Atal Sahib Ji. This Gurudwara Sahib is in memory of Mata Kaulan Ji, a spiritual muslim Lady, daughter of Qazi Of Lahore. The excavation of Kaulsar was started in 1624 and was completed in 1627 under the supervision of Baba Budhaji, first head granthi of the Golden Temple.
Then visit to Gurdwara Bibeksar Sarovar: Gurdwara Bibeksar Sahib is situated on the banks of the Bibeksar Sarovar.The sarovar was built in 1628by Guru Hargobind Sahib, the 6th Sikh guru, and the present beautiful Gurudwara on the banks of this Sarovar was built by Maharaja Ranjit Singh. There is also a beautiful garden nearby Bibeksar Sahib Sarovar where the Guru Hargobind Sahib used to come for leisure walks. Situated near Chattiwind gate it also marks the place where Guru Hargobind Sahib used to tie his horse with Kareer Tree; this tree can still be seen. The Guru himself laid the foundation of the holy tank or Sarovar.Return to the Hotel, Overnight at Amritsar Hotel.
Day 02: Amritsar
After Breakfast, Later Transfer to the Airport/Railway Station to board train for onward Journey
Special Travel Packages
- Pathankot Jammu Katra Patnitop Srinagar Gulmarg Pahalgam Sonmarg Tour 7 Nights-8 Days
- Amritsar Pathankot Dharamshala Dalhousie Tour 4 Nights-5 Days
- Amritsar Dalhousie Katra Jammu Tour 3 Nights-4 Days
- Pathankot Amritsar delhi Tour 2 Nights-3 Days
- Amritsar Dharamshala Manali Tour 5 Nights-6 Days
- Pathankot Dharamshala Shimla Manali Tour 6 Nights-7 Days
- Amritsar Manali Leh Ladakh kargil Srinagar jammu Katra Tour 13 Nights-14 Days
- Pathankot Dharamshala Tour 2 Nights-3 Days
- Pathankot Dalhousie Dharamshala Tour 4 Nights-5 Days
- Amritsar Dalhousie Dharamshala Manali Tour 6 Nights-7 Days
- Delhi Amritsar Katra Patnitop Dalhousie Dharamshala Pathankot Tour 7 Nights-8 Days
- Pathankot Dalhousie Dharamshala Amritsar Tour 4 Nights-5 Days
- Delhi Agra Jaipur Amritsar Tour 6 Nights-7 Days
- Delhi Amritsar Pathankot Jammu Katra Patnitop Srinagar Gulmarg Pahalgam Sonmarg Tour 9 Nights-10 Days
- Delhi Amritsar Pathankot Jammu Katra Tour 4 Nights-5 Days
- Amritsar Dharamshala Pathankot Tour 3 Nights-4 Days
- Amritsar Dharamshala Dalhousie Pathankot Tour 4 Nights-5 Days
- Amritsar Pathankot Dalhousie Dharamshala Tour 4 Nights-5 Days
- Delhi Amritsar Katra Patnitop Dalhousie Dharamshala Tour 6 Nights-7 Days